by Marcella Kukulka
Autumn has officially arrived and the writers over at F&RS could not be more excited! The leaves are changing colors, the drop in temperature makes for great sweater weather, and vampy lipsticks are back in full-swing. Despite all the trendy reasons to be excited for Fall, the season is a great time to explore the city of Boston and the events within it! Take a look at the list below for some must-do activities this season:
1. Cruise the Boston Harbor Islands - There’s no better way to check out the fall foliage than taking a cruise around the city’s beautiful coastline with friends.
Location: Varies | Date: til Oct. 15 | Time: 11-5pm | Price: $12
2. Attend a Concert - Missed a few shows during Coachella this summer? Check to see if your favorite artist is performing in Boston this fall:
Saint Motel 10/19, Watsky 10/23, Lupe Fiasco 10/23, St. Lucia 10/25, Colbie Caillat 10/25, Grouplove 11/3, The Fray 11/4, Griz 11/6, Pentatonix 11/9, Good Charlotte 11/11, Louis the Child 11/13, Fitz and the Tantrums 11/15, Two Door Cinema Club 11/18, Strfkr 11/27, MO 12/2.
3. Compete in Northeastern’s 16th Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest - Head on down to Stetson East and carve some pumpkins for a chance to win cash prizes!
Only 50 Students chosen to compete! Fill out an Application now!
Location: Levine Marketplace | Date: Oct. 20 | Time: 3-7pm
4. Tailgate at the Head of the Charles Regatta - Enjoy music, food, and drinks while watching Boston’s most competitive crew teams race along the Charles River!
Location: The Charles River | Date: Oct. 22-23 | Time: 8am-5pm | Price: Free
5. Celebrate Halloween in Salem- Learn about the Salem witches on the spookiest night of the year.
Location: Salem | Date: Oct. 28, 29 | Time: 10am-12am | Price: $11
6. Pick Apples and Pumpkins at Brooksby Farm - Put on some cute overalls and head on over to the orchards for some tasty treats!
Location: Brooksby Farm | Date: til Oct. 31 | Time: 9am-4pm | Price: Free
7. Trick or Treat in Cambridge - Collect your king-sized candy bars from some of the most affluent neighborhoods in the Boston area.
Location: Cambridge |Date: Oct. 31 |Time: 4pm - 12am | Price: Free
8. Get spooked at the Factory of Terror - Prepare to be scared at one of the most popular haunted houses in Massachusetts.
Location: Varies | Date: til Nov. 5 | Time: Varies | Price: $13-73
9. Watch the Boston Celtics beat the New York Knicks - Show your Boston pride during one of the first major games of the basketball season.
Location: TD Garden | Date: Nov. 11 | Time: 7:30pm | Price: $52-7122
10. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts - Take a break from the cold to see some amazing showcases of artwork from Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Location: MFA | Time: Sat-Tues 10-5pm, Wed-Fri 10-10 pm | Price: Free with Husky ID